On Tuesday, September 8 at 9am PST/ 12pm ET we will be having the first ever #CruChat on Twitter.
We will discuss:
Leading in College Ministry and Surviving the Fall
Why #CruChat? Is it just for Cru staff?
#CruChat is NOT just for Cru staff and students! We encourage all college ministry leaders (students and staff) to participate in #Cruchat. We chose #CruChat because we want to encourage more of a sharing culture in Cru. Yes, I want everyone in college ministry to share. But I also want to specifically encourage MY organization to share. I think we will all benefit when thousands of Cru staff begin to share best practices and insight on college ministry. No one benefits from silos of knowledge stuck on one campus within one organization.
What is a Twitter Chat?
A few tips:
- We’ll provide questions (preceded by a number (eg. Q1, Q2).
- “Reply” to respond to questions. Label your answers A1, A2, etc. And make sure to include hashtag #Cruchat in your responses.
- Refresh often & search #Cruchat to see all responses and discussions. Save #Cruchat as search term
- You don’t have to participate for the whole hour – If you miss any of the discussion, simply search #Cruchat afterwords to review all Tweets.
- And after the chat we will compile the discussion via Storify and share it with everyone
- Before you join the chat you might want to give your Twitter followers a heads-up like “High tweet volume warning” and invite them to join the #CruChat
- Twitter protocol: put a “.” in front of an @username if you want your tweet to show up in all feeds:
- Good= “.@timcasteel – I think the best way to do college ministry is…..”
- Bad= “@timcasteel – I think the best way to do college ministry is…..” [this tweet will only be seen by me and anyone that follows both of us]
- Don’t be afraid to jump in! You don’t have to be a ministry veteran to offer your two cents