The best thing we do every week in staff meeting is Celebrating what God is Doing.
- Hearing that the Creator God is present and working mightily on your campus
- Knowing that we get to be a part of it – we get to be used by God!
- “How do you inspire people to stay on the journey from here to there?”
- “Refill their vision bucket. Everyone’s vision bucket leaks.”
- “You have to celebrate every mile-marker you possibly can on the way to the destination.”
You have to mix it up week-to-week. Â Sometimes we’ll go with Hi/Low of the week in ministry. Â Sometimes more specific questions like “what did God do in your discipleship times this week?”.
And it’s a Biblical pattern:
- I will meditate on all your works and consider all your might deeds.Â Psalm 77:12
- Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them. Psalm 111:2
- For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the works of your hands. Psalm 92:4
- One generation will commend your works to another; the will tell of your might actsâ€¦ They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. Psalm 145.4, 6
It’s exhibited in the New Testament Church:
- “â€¦and they declared all that God had done with them, and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles.”Â Acts 14:27
- “â€¦they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and elders, to whom they reported everything God had done through them.” Acts 15:4
How do you celebrate on your team? Â What’s worked for you in “refilling their vision bucket”?
photo courtesy of Creativity+ Timothy K Hamilton