Bookmark this and save it forÂ your next conferenceÂ (or weekly meeting).Â It’s not easy to find good, upbeat, CLEAN music.Â Look at the top songs of 2016 – 1 out of the top 10 could be played at a weeklyÂ meeting. The rest are explicit.
I put together the playlists we play before and after meeting at our 2017 Cru Winter Conference.
And IÂ thought it might save you all a lot of time to share those on here.
A couple notes:
- We aim for 10 minutes of music while students come in (at night, we do 9 minutes followed by 1 minute of an epic “sit down song” – for the last couple of years we’ve used “Waking Up” off of the Oblivion soundtrack)
- 5-6 minutes of music while students walk out
- For the after meeting playlists, make sure to have a song that starts strong. It’s the signal for students to get up and leave, so you want it to start loud, not ease into it.
- Pre-meeting night meetings, we aim for upbeat, danceable songs (hip hop and pop-py sing-along songs that people know)
- Pre-meeting morning meetings, same thing, just a little more chill – Ride by Twenty One Pilots is a perfect morning pre-meeting song. Everyone knows it. Kind of upbeat. But not too obnoxiously upbeat.
Here’s all the songs we used in one playlist:
Here they are:
Here’s a slew of songs to use during a refection times:
And aÂ bunch of possible songs you could use for competition games during the meeting (like, we do a mattress surfing competition, etc). I can’t vouch for all these being clean/appropriate (like Bangarang is great til he drops an F-bomb at the end):
And here’s some other good songs that we didn’t use but are appropriately clean and upbeat: