Here’s a few devos that I’ve done with our team that are great for vision/encouragement during this difficult and exciting time of the fall!
- Read and discuss II Cor 2:14-3:6 togetherÂ – this is especially appropriate in the fall as we’re knocking on doors!
- Who is adequate for such a task?
- Our inadequacy forces us to trust in God
- 75% of work evangelistically will go down the drain – which is incredibly discouraging
- But we keep turning over rocks because that one gem, that one student who becomes a Christ centered laborer will “indeed bear fruit and yield a hundredfold”
- Keep sowing. And sow broadly
- We are turning over rocks, knocking on doors – looking for where God is at work
- Trusting that God will lead us to open people
- We’re not doing Find Build Send -Â our job is not to fill a meeting room.
Movements are built on lost students coming to Christ and experiencing radical grace.
- How do you keep going when students never text back?
- Buoyancy is the ability to bounce back from rejection. Over and over and over.
- The Three P’s of Resiliency:
- Personal–bad things are happening because I am bad in some way.
- Pervasive–it’s not just one or two things that are going bad, nothing is going well.
- Permanent–I don’t think things are going to change. Nothing is going to be any different. So why try?
photo courtesy of Boston Public Library