This is part of a series on Sending
Click to read the Intro and for a list of Cru’s Top Sending Campuses (with links to each post)
75-80% of new staff first served as Interns or STINTers.
Support Raising Retention Among Interns/STINTers
- Apply by March 1
- Hear re: acceptance by April 1
- Attend an Intern training weekend in mid-April
- Start raising support after May graduation.
- First goal – 15% of support in hand by June 1 (soft deadline)
- July 1 – 50%
- Finish support raising by August 1 (which is a pretty hard deadline – if you’re not at 100% by August 1, you typically can’t Intern/STINT)
- Report to campus early August
Additionally, there are 132 new Part-time Field Staff currently out there being coached as they develop ministry partners.
We need to continue to work together with the regions and strategies to look at the follow through of our applicants. We seem to have a pretty large number (53%) of applicants who drop out of the application process, or fail to complete their application and submit it for evaluation.”
What are your takeaways from all of this? What questions do you have?